Wednesday 4 February 2009

My good VLE practice regime

As I read new material and input by other participants in this online tutoring course, I sometimes feel adrift. There seem to be so many communicative possibilities in the VLE all coming at me from different directions. What kind of throws me a bit, is all the assumed knowledge that goes on in the communicative interactions of others. For example I had to look up VLE and f2f presented a puzzle to me to begin with ... remember this is someone who associates f with the f*** word!! Well I got it eventually, but all these abbreviations and all the new communicative possibilities are a challenge. As I was saying in one of the online assignments (benefits of e learning) it is all down to attitude. I make what I will of each environment f2f and VLE, they can be both invaluable. Here is my good practices list:
  1. stop head spinning
  2. stop saying f word when unknown abbreviations appear
  3. stop comparing negatively VLE and f2f
So these are my don't do's .... now my do's list
  1. Try it all out (go for a twitter)
  2. Communicate, communicate, communicate (the three c's of VLE!)
  3. Practice, practice, practice (three p's of life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment